How to Request Nurse Verification on NursingLink
The purpose of NursingLink’s nurse-only forums is to provide verified active and retired nursing personnel with a secure location to discuss sensitive topics and to network with other members who are confirmed nurses.
1. Who can access the restricted areas?
NursingLink members with the following status are eligible to request access to restricted areas:
This symbol appears on profiles of verified nurses and verified forums.
• Active or retired practical or vocational nurses (LVN/LPN)
• Active or retired nurse practitioners (NP)
2. How do I request access to restricted areas?
If you meet the criteria in Section 1, go here.
4. How will others know I am a verified nurse?
Once your request is approved, a medical cross will be added to your profile and will appear next to all of your discussion postings and comments throughout the site.
5. How do I know which forums and discussions are restricted?
The same medical cross that appears on your profile will also appear next to any forums, discussions, or groups that are restricted to nurses.
6. I see discussion postings in restricted areas by non-nurses. How did that happen?
Prior to December 8, 2010, all discussion boards were open to the public. Several of these public boards were converted to nurse-only boards at that time. Any discussions or postings that previously existed in the converted boards were not removed and will remain, however, those who originally made them will not be able to make additional postings in the restricted forums or read any responses to their original post.
7. How do I request verification if I am a retired nurse or am based outside the US?
If you are a retired nurse, or if you are based outside of the United States, you can submit your request for nurse verification by faxing a copy of your former or international nursing license, along with your NursingLink username, your full name and job title to (415) 723-7134.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email the NursingLink team.