Nursing Interview Cheat Sheet
By Jennifer LeClaire | Monster Contributing Writer
• What is the nurse-to-patient ratio?
• How long are your shifts — eight, 10 or 12 hours?
• How do you go about scheduling? Is self-scheduling an option, or does someone else dictate the schedule?
• How long have most nurses been on the unit?
• Why did the last person in this position leave?
• How long has this position been vacant?
• Will I be on call if I accept this position? If so, what are the conditions/requirements of on-call duty?