Nursing Interview Cheat Sheet
By Jennifer LeClaire | Monster Contributing Writer
Once you have the job offer – and not before – ask the standard questions about salary and benefits, such as:
• What is the salary?
• Is special compensation awarded for overtime? What is the differential for second-shift, third-shift and weekend work?
• What is the benefits package?
• Do you offer other incentives, such as paid journal subscriptions or scholarships for dependents?
• Do you provide financial support for continuing education?
• Are grants available for ongoing education?
• Are there special incentives for bilingual nurses?
• Is there room for advancement? What is the career path?
• How do you reward employees for exceptional work?