Resources >> Browse Articles >> Salary Guides

2009 Registered Nurse Salary Projections

Georgia Price / NursingLink

As the most in-demand healthcare occupation, and one of the fastest growing careers in the nation, registered nurses can expect to see their salaries, and other benefits, grow in 2009. More and more employers are offering sweet incentives such as sign-on bonuses, tuition reimbursement, and more flexible hours in order to entice nurses to work in their facilities.

Median 2008 Salary

10 Highest Paying Nursing Specialties
5 Mistakes to Avoid in Your Nursing Education
5 Top Hospitals That Will Pay for Your Education

giftideasformen

• Pix_vnet2_max50

Laserian

It's really amazing, nursing is indeed a noble profession.

• Thumbnail_max50

newdiva

This is such GREAT news!!! yay!!!

• School1_max50

tmorris1730

I would love to make that much as a new RN where I live. But here in Southeast Ohio we are very poor. Although as I found out, I am making more than most of my fellow classmates who stayed in the area (the ones who left are making more than I am). The bad thing is that there is such a difference in pay depending on the area of the country that you live in. Too bad things weren't equal for everyone.

MrNewYork

I'm a new grad in NYC, and i make 74,500 for the night shift. I get full tuition reimbursement, up to 18 credits a yr and there is no tuition max, 3 days a week and I make my own schedule :), I work every other weekend. And overtime is basically endless, so some of the nurses on my floor are making 140g's easy. I also have friends who are new grads, who only do agency and they make $40 an hr for school nursing. They work 3hrs per day but are paid 7.5.

CARDIAC_RN

fOR THE WORK, TIME, ENERGY EFFORT AND LIABILITY THAT NURSES ARE SUBJECTED TO, THESE NUMBERS ARE TOO LOW. I WOULD LIKE TO GET PAID FOR ALL THE HOURS I WORK

• Opie1_max50

Foley6

$63,504
    I don't see that in the future for Pittsburgh.
    Only if you are in Management!

catsndrs

Are these numbers for ADN or BSN?

richie

RN in Los Angeles
    I have been an RN for 1 year, before that a LVN and I made more than $60,000, as an LVN, and my salary as a staff RN in the ER is $80,000 a year, with benefits,working 3- days week. plus a second job. A nursing career is very rewarding

k_gwen10

RN in california make more than this.

turtlesmommy

my mom as in rn in eastern ky doesnt anywhere touch this its actually much lower

dee7dee7

It is understanable why there is shortage with these numbers!! I question the accuracy of these numbers.

• 2295303942_202e342fd8_t_max50

mugsanfo

Where do you get these numbers..I work at a very small rural hospital and I make more than this....oklahoma

great info