Resources >> Browse Articles >> Job Search

Looking For Work? Uncle Sam is Hiring Nurses!

Looking For Work? Uncle Sam is Hiring Nurses!

OPM.gov and NursingLink.com

The healthcare industry is expanding at an impressive rate, and many of the estimated 3.6 million new jobs will be in the government sector. The federal government already employs hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals in a variety of departments from Veterans’ Affairs to Nutrition Policy to Health and Human Services.

Working for the federal government has plenty of perks and benefits. Plus, pay is stable and opportunities for advancement are plentiful. Healthcare professionals can also find employment in many different areas, as well as in locations across the US and abroad.

Government jobs are identified by a complex numbering system made up of the position’s level and qualification standards. Known as the General Schedule (GS) Payscale, these identification numbers are useful when identifying what you can make in your job with a specific level of education. GS levels are also broken down by education, GS-1 (No High School Diploma) through GS-12 (Ph.D. or Equivalent Doctorate or Advanced Law Degree). It is important to understand what GS level you fall under, as many jobs will have a minimum requirement.

Nurse Series

Practical Nurse Series

Nursing Assistant Series

Health Aid and Technician Series

Health System Administration Series

• Paul_max50

paulejomah

i am a male nigerian registered nurse how can i work in philippines?

Okon2

Am a registered nurse and almost completing my post basic program(psychiatric nursing).I am interested in working in USA.I'll be greatful if you connect me.My email address is thompsoneunice87@yahoo.com

Okon2

• 1_363211026l_max50

moski

Hi! i'm gina, BSN, RN both in the philippines and US (California board of registered nursing). i'm interested about it... pls. tell me more about it! you can contact me through this e-mail: ephragie_8@yahoo.com thank you!

Kwesiga

Am from Uganda can you consider me?

• Little_soldier_max50

dolwiz

I hold a BSc in Nursing but I'm not practicing neither am I registered in my country, Jamaica. Is there a way I could work in the US without being licensed or registered in Jamaica first?

sfrishe

Vet. Adm. for Nurses: Info inaccurate: Nurse Hiring Preference in all VA's 1.) Applicant IS a Vet themselves, 2.) BSN requirement.. If an applicant has 10-20 years of solid nursing experience and able to obtain the Federal Employment clearances yet does not possess the 2 requirements, the application goes to the bottom of the hiring file.

drd012

im a both doctor and a nurse ,i already passed the NCLEX and interested on it. im a head nurse presently and also a practicing physician. where could i pass my resume. thanks and godbless

im an active nurse from the philippines and im about to take my NCLEX exam on march. if i pass i will be applying in the USA but there is still recession. am i going to wait for 5 to 6 years just like what other nurses here?

taweng

im a registered nurse and with 15 years of experience in a government hospital overseas, do they offer sponsorship. going to take NCLEx soon

• Our_pics9_max50

ojimoh0001

I am a Nigerian trained registered nurse ,is there any where i can start practising or a course i can study before i sit for my cgfns exam?

serafimil

i'm not an NCLEX passer... But i'm a registered nurse in the Philippines... Do they offer sponsorship?

• Nikki_max50

saiyuki

nice

flynn126

Are they hiring anyone over 55-60? Probably not.

optimum