Sample Entry Level RN BSN Resume
NursingLink | Monster.com
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View our sample resume for a recent nurse graduate below and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
155 Summer St.
Anytown, PA 19000
Dedicated registered nurse (RN) with specialty experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing. Developed strong psychiatric-evaluation and treatment-planning skills through recent internship at Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Knowledge of psychotropic medication administration, management and training.
Reliable, ethical healthcare provider with ability to stay calm and intervene during crises, facilitate groups and educational seminars, and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams. Proven ability to build positive relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other medical professionals.
11/2008-5/2009, Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, Doylestown, PA
Served as RN at hospital located within maximum-security correctional facility housing approximately 3,500 inmates. Assigned to the mental health crisis unit and played a key role on interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, RNs, social workers and corrections officers. Actively participated in development and implementation of individual treatment plans for patients with broad range of mental health issues. Ensured that doctors’ orders were effectively carried out, including testing, medical procedures, consultations and stat orders for five-point restraint.
- Selected as one of only seven student nurses to be admitted into internship program after rigorous selection process.
- Helped refine unit policies and procedures in the areas of suicide-watch procedures, safety methods, discharge planning and documentation.
- Responded to numerous volatile situations and violent outbreaks, earning the respect of physicians and coworkers for calm, levelheaded and quick thinking to restore the safety and security of patients and staff.
- Completed training in team building, management of assaultive behaviors and psychotropic-medication administration.
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations
9/2007-9/2008, Doylestown Hospital, Doylestown, PA
Worked under the supervision of an RN providing bedside care, treatment and clinical documentation for patients on cardiac, oncology and medical-surgical floors. Handled medication administration, dressing changes, IVs and all other aspects of nursing care. Facilitated admissions, discharges and transfers; prepared chart notes and other documentation; and participated on interdisciplinary team.
- Treated an average of 16 patients daily (100 percent above average student caseload). Gained experience in procedures such as cryotherapy and trigger-point injections.
- Presented in-service training on ethics concerning elderly atrial fibrillation treatment.
- Earned a reputation for excellence in service delivery. Supervisor comments: “Marcy will be an outstanding RN. She has excellent interpersonal skills and readily establishes rapport with diverse patient population…her clinical skills are impressive…Marcy would be an asset to any nursing team.”
5/2009, Buckingham College of Nursing, Buckingham, PA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), GPA: 3.4 (Dean’s List)
- Senior Practicum: 150 hours, Psychiatric Unit, Yardley VA Hospital: Worked intensively with patients to promote their interest and participation in reality, identify problems and solutions, and enhance their coping skills. Provided a safe and therapeutic environment for psychiatric patients.
- Course Highlights: Family and Community Nursing, Healthcare Delivery Models, Professional Nursing Synthesis Theory, Nursing Health Assessment, Clinical and Chemical Therapeutics, Biophysical Pathology, Psychosocial Pathology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Statistics, Nursing Research
9/2008, Registered Nurse, State of PA
- 1/2008-Present, Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, Member
- 9/2006-Present, Bucks Psychiatric Hospital, Volunteer
|Skill Name||Skill Level||Last Used/Experience|
|Case Management||Expert||1 year ago/2 years|
|Critical-Care Nursing||Intermediate||1 year ago/2 years|
|JCAHO Standards/ Compliance||Expert||1 year ago/2 years|
|Medication Administration||Intermediate||1 year ago/2 years|
|Parent/Patient/Family Education||Expert||1 year ago/2 years|
|Patient Advocacy||Expert||1 year ago/2 years|
|Patient Assessment||Expert||1 year ago/2 years|
|Psychiatric Nursing||Intermediate||1 year ago/1 year|
|Quality & Continuity of Care||Expert||1 year ago/2 years|
Known as a patient advocate and team player; believe in empowering patients by delivering health education and nursing care that enhances wellness and quality of life.
This article was originally published on Monster.com.