You Know You're a Student Nurse When…
Why are you proud to be a student nurse?
Rebekah Child | Scrubs Magazine
13. Sadly, every time there’s a code-blue, even though you’re really scared and anxious, there’s still a small part of you that is excited to see what happens.
14. You try to convince your friends to go into nursing.
15. The night before clinical you’re so anxious you can’t get a decent night’s sleep, and until you’re 2 hours into your shift your stomach is in knots.
16. You can take a morning break, but you don’t want to because you might miss out on some big experience.
17. You’ve become a professional vital-sign-taker (even if you constantly check to make sure their within normal limits!).
18. And a professional accu-checker.
19. You watch Grey’s Anatomy and Nurse Jackie and comment through the whole thing about how that would NEVER happen in real life.
20. You vent to your family about how overwhelmed you feel with all the papers due and tests to study for, but for some reason, you wouldn’t trade it for any other career out there.
And…of course…you know you’re a student nurse when you’re proud to become a part of such an amazing, compassionate, and fulfilling profession.
Can you think of any more?
More on ScrubsMag.com:• In Student Nurse: Nursing Student Table Etiquette
• In Humor: 10 Ways to Spot a Nursing Student
• In Nursing Blogs: Getting One Foot Through the Door