Become a Nurse >> Browse Articles >> Specialties >> Pediatrics

Certified Nurse Midwife

Certified Nurse Midwife

NursingLink

Nurse midwives provide primary care to women, including gynecological exams, family planning advice, prenatal care, assistance in labor and delivery, and neonatal care. CNMs work in hospitals, clinics, health departments, homes and private practices. Midwives will often have to work unpredictable hours (due to the unpredictable nature of childbirth). They should have good communications skills should be willing to commit to a holistic approach to patient care.

Median Annual Salary

$83,908

Educational Requirements

Related Links
  • Article: NursingLink’s Ten Step Guide To Becoming A Nurse
  • Afraid you can’t afford nursing school? Check out the millions of dollars available in <a href=http://nursinglink.monster.com/content/education-resources scholarships!
  • Nurses with advanced degrees move ahead quickly. Let NursingLink connect you with nursing schools to move you ahead today.

Master’s of Skilled Nursing (MSN); certified midwives must also pass a certification exam administered by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB).

Search our job listings for certified nurse midwife positions.

Check out this site for further information on advancing your nursing education.

Related Organizations

American College of Nurse Midwives

Midwives Association of North America

Featured Books

Related Reads:

juliiarobert

Nurse midwives provide primary care to women, including gynecological exams, family planning advice, prenatal care, assistance in labor and delivery, and neonatal care.70-565
    70-567
    70-672
    98-366
    mb2-632
    mb6-819
    70-292
    70-541

linasmith

I like your writing style, you break it down very nicely and your blog is very attractive.Great Article! book reports | Admission essays | theses

• Nilsa_echevarria_puerto_rico_large_max50

nilsa18

Hi!! right now i want to start studying for nursing. I am between neonatal nurse or midwife. Does anybody know a school i can atted which can help me in either career??!! thanks a lot!!!

Owati

I like this organisation.

Owati

I like this organisation.

Nrsepam31

This has been a passion of mine since I had children. Does anyone who is currently or previously a nurse midwife has any advice for all of us who want to go in this direction?

hi! i want this job too. its nice to see a newborn bringing out into this world.

• Foxy_lady_max50

tiffannij

this has been my dream job since i've had my daughter 4 years ago. Giving birth was the most wonderful experience of my life. What better job to do than to help bring life into this world. I've wanted to do nursing since i was a teenager.

• Hpim0332_max50

Ashley_S_Ryan2008

Hello my nanme is Ashley want to start studying for college whille saving up for college.In i want to know what books do i need to start off with.I just graduated from South Shore High School/School of Technology.

• Me_2younger_max50

ruffjewel

needed that information, gave me better direction of my education path, didn't know I needed a master's, how many years is that? probley another 4yrs after my B.R.N