20 Reasons Why You Should Be a Nurse
Have you considered a career in nursing? It’s a very rewarding career, both monetarily and emotionally. Making a difference in people’s lives and bringing them hope and cheer is not something that you can achieve in just about any career. Read on to know why the nursing career is so rewarding.
1. There is great demand for nurses at present and this demand is projected to rise by 2020, by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The job opportunities in this career field will be astounding for the right candidates.
2. Nurses make excellent wages; an average registered nurse makes more than $52,000 a year and more experienced and specialized nurses make over $72,000.
3. A nurse can work in different kinds of establishments, each offering unique work environments. For example, a nurse can work in hospitals, schools, home care facilities, government agencies, and so on.
4. Nurses can work in flexible schedules, and take up shifts as desired. Shifts are between 4 to 12 hours a day, and a nurse can opt for the best shifts to accommodate other side jobs or education opportunities.
Would You Pass the NCLEX?NCLEX Review: Part I
NCLEX Review: Part II
NCLEX Review: Part III
NCLEX Review: Part IV
NCLEX Vocab Review
NCLEX Math Review
5. As a nurse, you’ll make a huge difference in people’s lives. A caring and compassionate nurse is considered as a guardian angel by patients. This can be a very satisfying and gratifying career for the compassionate.
6. As a nurse, you get the opportunity to interact with patients, medical staff, doctors and administrators every day. This gives you the opportunity to learn from other careers and add to your knowledge base, while sharpening your interpersonal skills.
7. You’ll never know what’s going to happen at any given point in time. there’s constant excitement and challenge in a nurse’s life. You have the opportunity to make swift decisions, learn each day and never get bored, as each day is different.