20 Reasons Why You Should Be a Nurse
8. Nursing allows for many career advancements. You can aspire to take on bigger roles, or even continue education to perform in different capacities.
9. You can change specialties and move on to a health care specialty that suits your better. For example, if you like children, you can work in the pediatrics department. If you like being on hand to assist in trauma cases, you can work in the emergency room. You can decide what you want to do based on your aptitude and your tolerance level.
10. You can work anywhere you want. Your skills are a nurse are entirely portable and with the right qualifications, experience and recommendations, you can shift to any state in the country and practice your nursing skills there.
11. You don’t need any equipment or facilities to do your job. Your skills as a nurse are universal, and you’ll be able to help others without needing four walls in which to work. Just like doctors, your skills come in useful when there’s an accident, or crisis. You’ll be valued anywhere you go, as you represent a person who can help heal illnesses and distress in people.
12. You can easily qualify to become a practical nurse and even a registered nurse. The best thing is, you can work as a regular or practical nurse while studying to be a registered nurse. The friendly shift timings help you to achieve your educational aspirations.
13. Your background as a nurse helps you advise people in general about how to live life in a clean environment. You can educate people in poor localities and also work with the homeless, bringing sanitation and wellness into people’s lives.