Become a Nurse >> Browse Articles >> Nursing 101

5 Reasons You Should Become a Nurse in 2009

5 Reasons You Should Become a Nurse in 2009

Have you always thought about becoming a nurse? Make your dream profession a reality! Read more about the top 5 reasons why 2009 is the year to break into the nursing profession.

#1: Demand

#2 Recession Proof

#3 Salary Raise

#4 Rewarding Profession

#5 The Best Time to Go Back to School

ones3lt3r

I thougt the RN Salary was more than that? At least $80,000 a year? wow maybe i should be a Dr. then?
    Tv shows downloads

juniorj

Don't believe the media when they tell you that the recession is easing, because its not. I wish it would go away but its not going to for a while.verified

• Stacy_max50

caribbeangyrl

I'm torn right now. I really want to become a nurse, becasue I consider myself a Florence Nightingale..I don't know.

• Private_1_0673f811160b1b9c23a8a914db6241f9d680b4cfc2a33ee3faf49fea179a4c96l_max50

veramarhipe

..dear friends pls pray for me i just took the licensure exam last june6 and 7 2009..hope i could make it this time...hhmmnn hard questions...huhu hhmmnnn to God be the Glory...so help me God!!

• Images_max50

AmbitiousFutureRN

NO! Nursing is NOT recession proof!! I have heard nurses hours being cut back, nurses being laid off, and nurses not getting pay raises because of the horrible economy. Don't believe the media when they tell you that the recession is easing, because its not. I wish it would go away but its not going to for a while. Well dont be discouraged by the economy everyone. People are still hiring for nurses it just depends on where you live. LuvEvry12death you are NOT too old! 34 is not too old. As long as you work hard, your determined, and focused on obtaining your degree to become a CRNA age isnt a problem. Try not to stress out, stress kills, literally.

LuvEvry12death

Wow thats alot of school..I am 34 and wanting to finally persue my dream in the medical field.I want to become a CRNA. Am I to old now? Honestly. I want this but I'm afraid I'll be in my late 40's by the time I can take the CRNA test..:( I hope it's not to late and to top it off I can only go to school part time cause I'm a father of 3 small children and supporting my family. Is part time going to double my time to become want I want to be. STRESSED out over it.. I love everyone and want to help. Everytime I go to the doctors and hospital for my family I always ADMIRE the whole staff..Doctors, nurses whatever your part in the field is great. But I am a strong beleiver in ALL you nurses that it is you that bring us back to life.. Nurses are the heartbeat of health care.We'd all be worse without a nurse. Confucius say: "Man who want pretty nurse, must be patient." lol

• All_pictures_074_max50

twnkltwnklilbat

This is great information for people considering...

francine9707

What if you got a low rating in the examination but you've passed, i really want to become a nurse i want to continue the battle i've statred since i was studying but i got a low rating at my licensure exam? do i still have a space for this profession?

Athena74

Is getting a bachlor's in health and science a good field to go in if you want to go into nursing?

• 100_2082_max50

mdc_garcia

I WANT TO BECOME A NURSE BECAUSE I LIVED FOR 6 MONTHS IN THE HOSPITAL DURING MY DAUGHTERS SICKNESS AND I ABSOLUTELY ADMIRED THE WORK THOSE NURSES DID WITH MY GIRL THEY WERE SO DEDICATED AND LOVED THIER PATIENTS SO. MY DAUGHTER CONFIDED SO MUCH IN HER NURSES AND SHE DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH BUT SHE CONNECTED WITH THEM IN A WAY THAT NO WORDS WERE NECESSARY. THAT'S THE KIND OF NURSE I WANT TO BE.

• Christmas_and_new_years_2009_098_max50

msellie55

I've been an LPN for 19 years. My goal was to be an RN some day. I have all prerequisites done with the exception of a pathophysiology course. I will take it this summer. I am enrolled at Durham Tech. but wont start nsg prgm. until Fall 2010. Wish it was sooner. I'm finding LPN's in this State are not given the credit they deserve.

• D_max50

rhyzzynne

these are the reasons why i took nursing.

• Keaauntsharon_max50

sheyan30

I find that this topic is interesting due to some of the kids I went to school with, their parents are coming to the nursing home to live. It makes me sad to see this for I think of how I would feel if my father were here. Also I am taking care of a lady that I went to school with. This is also another disturbing thought. I have felt good and excited about going to school to get my nursing degree and it feels great to be making sure all my stones are in the right order to go...

• Nursehellokitty_max50

Nurse2Be_2009

good info for people who are still considering..

• Me_max50

mhyne05

i know i made the right decision of choosing nursing profession...