LPN/LVN Jobs >> Browse Videos >> General Healthcare
about 6 years ago
16 videos submitted
over 5 years ago
i found this very interesting i hope it makes her better
Thank you for the video i use it for my school homework ,
almost 6 years ago
Considering maggots only eat dead tissue that takes away from some of the fears i had about them. This is very interesting and seems like it is going to help lots of people.
It's amazing and I can't believed how its works, its so interesting
Although, this is very nasty to watch it is also interesting to see.
RENEHOLLAND How long had the patient been in the hospital/ICU? Was it possible that they obtained the nazal maggots nosocomially? I think I developed PTSD as a child after seeing them in a trash barrel. Mom(now a nurse for 53 yrs) had used full strength bleach to kill them however I continued to be afraid of the barrels. To this day I move them at full arms length.
the only thing i can say is what mother nature gives can only help if someones willing to accept and hopeing more people will use this therapy for good cause.
This is not a new therapy. Maggots have been used for years with great success
I am a inpatient hospital CWON (Certified Wound, Ostomy Nurse) This is a therapy many wound clinics are trying with great success. It is true that maggots follow the track of necrotic tissue no matter how small. Some not even seen by the naked eye, which is why someone may think they are eating live tissue. As far as getting them out of the wound either by wiping with gauze or you can even use a suction catheter if needed. That is what we had to do when maggots set themselves up in a sinus cavity of an ICU patient. They were burrowing up and out his lacrimal ducts (now that was creepy!)
I think that anything that is a medical discovery and could help save lives, should be tried. In fact isn't the reason most of us joined the medical profession was our unique care for life, to help others in the dedication of taking care of or doing whatever is deemed necessary for the best quality of life.
Good information, I have seen this procedure work for patients...but it is sort if creepy!
Whoa that is really interesting.. Hope the lady gets better!!!
THat reminded me of work and the one thing I cannot handle! I see alot of things working with animals, but when a maggot case comes in if at all possible I find something else to do! I don't believe that they only eat dead flesh as I have had a few dogs that were completely infested under the skin throughout their entire body and they were alive! THankfully not for long after we got them in, we were able to humanely euthanize them. I can only imagine how they felt with such an infestation!
this article was very good but hard to watch (how did they get the maggots out of the wound when she returned to the hospital?)
Upload your favorite video.
© 2013 NursingLink