Love Notes to Nursing
What do you love about nursing?
Nicole Lehr | Scrubs Magazine
May 18, 2010
Love notes to nursing1. What other profession allows you wear the most comfortable uniform known to the professional world? Does it get any better than scrubs?
2. There is nothing more special than becoming attached to a sick patient who recovers and returns in their robust form for a visit with words of gratitude for the care you provided at their most difficult time.
3. Three day work week. End of story.
4. Opportunities in the field are remarkably endless. Interested in oncology? Pediatrics? Rehab? Mental health? Critical care? Infusion clinics? Cardiology? Orthopedics? The novelty being that I could work in some/all of these specialties if I so desire.
5. One of my favorite moments is praising and supporting new parents as they bathe their post-surgical infant for the first time.
6. My metabolism never gets bored of all of the goodies that families bring to the nurses station.
7. Ever cried at the mailbox? I did, after opening up a handwritten thank you card from the parents of a child that had passed away. They were thanking me for the care I provided their child. What they don’t know is that I thank them daily for the life lessons I have gained through their experiences.