Love Notes to Nursing
What do you love about nursing?
Nicole Lehr | Scrubs Magazine
May 18, 2010
9. I have adopted a rather large, loving extended family consisting of patients and families that have lengthy hospital admissions. I am thankful for each of them and treasure the Christmas cards I receive from these “family” members.
10. There is nothing more gratifying than being deemed a patient’s favorite nurse.
11. I have successfully adorned my entire refrigerator with art and pictures drawn by my little hospitalized Picassos.
12. There are plenty of professions where you get the chance to advocate for your client, but there is something different, and something special, about advocating for someone’s life.
13. My work does not go unnoticed, sometimes unbeknownst to me. The greatest flattery as a nurse? Being nominated and featured in a publication, Atlanta Hospital News, and not seeing it until after print.
14. The working relationship between doctors and nurses is superb, and I feel strongly that my suggestions and concerns about care are taken into account with each decision that is made.
15. I work in a profession that puts no cap on learning, each day is filled with new and exciting learning experiences.
16. Nursing and medical research are strongly correlated, and I love my organization’s commitment to striving to provide the best practice of care based on evidence-based practice.
17. I will forever be convinced that children are the most resilient of all human beings.
18. Most importantly, I love my profession because as long as I have made a child’s day a little bit better, I know I have succeeded.
Thank you, fellow nurses, for all you do!
More on ScrubsMag.com:• In Mind & Mood: What are Nurses Thankful for This Year?
• In News: National Nurses Week Goes Vintage
• In Career Advice: The BEST Place to be a Nurse? Atlanta!