Answers to the "Would You Pass the NCLEX? Part III" Quiz
May 19, 2009
15. Which of the following terms describes the amount of blood ejected per heartbeat?
- Stroke volume- Correct answer!
- Cardiac output
- Ejection fraction
16. You are to apply a transdermal patch of nitoglycerin to your client. The following are important guidelines to observe EXCEPT:
- Apply to hairless clean area of the skin not subject to much wrinkling
- Patches may be applied to distal part of the extremities like forearm- Correct answer!
- Change application and site regularly to prevent irritation of the skin
- Wear gloves to avoid any medication on your hand
17. The GAUGE size in ET tubes determines:
- The external circumference of the tube
- The internal diameter of the tube- Correct answer!
- The length of the tube
- The tube’s volumetric capacity
18. The nurse is correct in performing suctioning when she applies the suction intermittently during:
- Insertion of the suction catheter
- Withdrawing of the suction catheter- Correct answer!
- both insertion and withdrawing of the suction catheter
- When the suction catheter tip reaches the bifurcation of the trachea
19. The purpose of the cuff in Tracheostomy tube is to:
- Separate the upper and lower airway- Correct answer!
- Separate trachea from the esophagus
- Separate the larynx from the nasopharynx
- Secure the placement of the tube
20. Which priority nursing diagnosis is applicable for a patient with indwelling urinary catheter?
- Self esteem disturbance
- Impaired urinary elimination
- Impaired skin integrity
- Risk for infection- Correct answer!
21. An incontinent elderly client frequently wets his bed and eventually develop redness and skin excoriation at the perianal area. The best nursing goal for this client is to:
- Make sure that the bed linen is always dry
- Frequently check the bed for wetness and always keep it dry
- Place a rubber sheet under the client’s buttocks
- Keep the patient clean and dry- Correct answer!
Invite your friends to take the quiz!
Take more quizzes:
Comprehensive NCLEX Study Guide Quizzes