Nurse Supervisor Jobs >> Browse Articles >> Work-Life Balance

8 Friends to Make at the Hospital

Nina Kim | NursingLink

November 04, 2009

Intro_max200w

Find your support system

Hospitals can be crazy places. From ambulances rushing in patients and nurses shouting vitals to security having to deal with frantic family members, you may blink and find you miss an important moment.

But for many health care professionals, hospitals are their second home. With all the different departments and types of health care workers in hospitals, it’s not uncommon for newbies to feel a bit lost and overwhelmed at first.

Whether you are a seasoned health care veteran or a just-starting-out amateur, it’s always a wise idea to make friends with some allies and get better acquainted with the inner workings of the hospital.

To help you maneuver your way around the hospital network, NursingLink spoke to a physical therapy doctorate student and an ER receptionist on the front lines at Kaiser Permanente. With their insights, we’ve developed this list of eight must-have friends in any hospital. Get the inside scoop on who to buddy up with and how they can help you out!

Friend #1: Security >>

• Img_0277_max50

AngieNurse10

Ok with the security gaurd but geez..........Im remembering a couple of em to stared way too long at certain aspects of my person. Great for directions, but heebie jeebies personally

markinson

Your post is highly informative and interesting, thanks for sharing this valuable informationBelford University

markinson

I agree with your opinion and fully support it, you have been a great contributor and I always come to your blog as I know you always share the best of your information.Must university

markinson

I really very like the images you have used, very interactive and highly attractive site and more over the information you shared is the best part. Lorenz University

markinson

I really appreciate your work, you have been a great contributor and always share news that I can’t find on other resources.
    Rise university

markinson

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I am a big fan of reading, thanks for sharing this wonderful information.Olwa University

Geoffery

how about making a surgeon your friend, I was also thinking that i can Buy Coursework
    Custom Assignment

Geoffery

If i were there I would have made all of the hospital my friend. I love socializing.
    Custom Admission Essay
    Essay Help
    Custom Research Paper

• Owl_max50

WiseOldOwl

It is CRITICAL to network with the people who know what is going on and make things happen. By that I mean: the unit clerk, the PCTs, the radiology techs, the surgical scheduler, the PACU and ED nurses, the Pharmacist, and the lab/blood bank personnel.
    See a pattern? It is the folks who make up the 'woodwork' who will help you get the job done. The ones at the top of the heap are usually too out of touch with the patient bedside care personnel to be of much assistance.

lisap88

hospitality are a huge help and great people!!! and housekeeping too!

mtnknight

I would add the houskeeping and maintanance people to the list some of us hear or pickup on things that other people miss

kd_aman

I've never heard of financial counselors in nursing school. Would a social worker have this job? I'm just wondering because it will be important to know who to put patients in contact with for financial help, and I want to be clear I'm contacting the right people :)

divad722002

hi,

just new here at nursing link. do you still have the saunder review. if in case you should lend me my address is 8309 cedros avunue apt 209, panorama city , los angeles california, usa. my email divad722002@yahoo.com. landline-1818-894-2688.just arrive as immigrant and certifiied nurse in the philippines and planning to take the nclex to have licensed here in california. thanks and regards and advance merrychristmas and happy new year. your new co friend in the nursing link website.

dave

• Photo_user_banned_big

zagogoboy

i will just like to meet good friends so u call me on my fone so that we talk ok +233243972203

• Deployed_dec_02_-_mar_03_083_max50

USAFlightMedic

Word to the wise forsure.