Registered Nurse: Kay Osinski, MS, RN, CCRN

Registered Nurse: Kay Osinski, MS, RN, CCRN

NursingSchools.com

January 19, 2010

Ms. Osinski is the Assistant Dean for the Baker University School of Nursing, Topeka, Kansas. She is also a legal nurse consultant and testifying nurse expert. She earned her MS in Medical Surgical Nursing, Clinical Nurse Specialist from Northern Illinois University and her BS in Nursing from Central Missouri State University. Highlights of Ms. Osinski’s nursing career include:

• 2003 – Who’s Who Among Executive and Professional Women in Nursing and Healthcare
  • 2003 – Excellence in Writing Award (Eta kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, 2/03)
  • 2002 – Award for Teaching Excellence (graduating class, 12/02)
  • 2002 – Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers
  • 2001 – Award for Teaching Excellence (graduating class, 5/01 & 12/01)
  • 1995 – The Outstanding Faculty Award, Baker University School of Nursing
  • 1998 – International Who’s Who of professionals

Her Career

What made you decide to take the path toward a career in nursing?

I worked as a volunteer in a hospital when I was in junior high school, then as a nurses’ aid during my high school years. Those experiences allowed me to interact with elderly patients, which I really enjoyed. They also provided opportunities for me to observe the roles of various health care workers to determine if nursing would be the career of choice for me.

What would you consider your proudest accomplishments in the field? Have you had any major setbacks along the road?

One of my proudest accomplishments was earning my Masters degree in nursing and later my certification in critical care nursing. I am also an experienced legal nurse consultant and have established an independent practice. It has also been an honor to teach and mentor nursing students who have grown professionally in many different areas of nursing.

What are your personal and professional goals for the next five years?

I plan to stay in nursing education and continue my independent legal nurse consultant practice. It is important to me to maintain current in the field of nursing, which I will continue through reading nursing journals, attending seminars/workshops, as well as working approximately one 12-hour shift a month in the hospital.

• Photo_user_banned_big

sama462

30 days ago

annad777

2 months ago

I graduated with my ADN @ 55yrs old.Having trouble in CA finding a job...am ready to relocate...any ideas?

yoemark

over 1 year ago

just testing about this resource.. doc

• White_label_music_logo1_max50

ordinary

tephoz2001

[link=http://jasaseomurah.om-onny.com/]Jasa SEO Murah[/link]

otakkacau

• Munir_max50

baumunir

I plan to be a nursing education and continue my job as Anesthesia Technician in Saudi Arabia,practice. It is important to me in the field , which I will continue through reading journals, attending seminars/workshops, as well as working approximately 252h/ month in the hospital.in our contract of job is written 192h/month but shortage of staff ( which shortage from the administration ) we do work 252h/month and we did not get any extra for the extra time..........................

• Dare_max50

AKINFEMI

i wish in join nursing

• Munir_max50

baumunir

i am a anaesthesia technician and have 10y experince as anaesthesia technician and working in armed forces hospital khamis mushyat ,saudi arabia
    want to become as a nurse
    plz can u guide me how to can it
    and how can i get education from saudi arabia.
    my mobile is +966 505927727
    and
    e mail is baumunir@yahoo.com

• Munir_max50

baumunir

want to become as a nurse
    plz can u guide me how to can it
    and how can i get education from saudi arabia