10 ways you know you’re a home health nurse!
Is your car your office? If you’re nodding your head, you just might be a home health nurse! Here are top 10 telltale signs that you’re definitely a home health nurse (wink wink).
Top 10 ways you know you’re a home health nurse…
10. You carry a virtual clinic in your work vehicle and could easily respond solo to a small disaster.
9. You’re greeted by patients’ pets and given the “lick of approval” before entering the residence.
8. Duct tape, bug spray, jumper cables and toilet tissue are as much a part of your supplies as your stethoscope.
7. You know the best little “mom and pop” diners, coffee shops and watering holes that have Wi-Fi out in the “boonies.”
6. You have all the clean restrooms and isolated fields pinned on your GPS for emergency pit stops.
5. You have superior assessment skills and the ability to improvise, adapt and overcome in any situation.
4. You carry your own fold-up stool or chair and always (politely, of course) decline any food or drink that is offered by the patient or family.
3. You do NOT own a pair of white scrub pants and your favorite colors are dark and don’t show dirt.
2. You firmly believe ALL medical residents should spend a few months riding with a home care nurse to understand how their patients live when not in the hospital.
1. You know precisely where your cell phone will lose its signal and time your calls accordingly.