1 postback to top
Posted over 2 years ago
Nursing Questions about Leadership and Management
16. A client who is mouth breathing is receiving oxygen by face mask. The nursing assistant asks the registered nurse (RN) why a water bottle is attached to the oxygen tubing near the wall oxygen outlet. The RN responds that the primary purpose of this feature is to:
a) prevent fluid loss from the lungs during mouth breathing
b) give the client added fluid via the respiratory rate
c) humidify the oxygen that is bypassing the client's nose
d) prevent the client from getting nosebleed
17. A nurse and a nursing assistant are assisting the respiratory therapist to position a client for postural drainage. The nursing assistant asks the nurse how the respiratory therapists selects the position used for the procedure. The nurse responds that a position is chosen that will use gravity to help drain secretions from which of the following areas?
b) main bronchi
18. A registered nurse (RN) is observing a licensed practical nurse (LPN) caring for a deceased client whose eyes will be donated. The RN intervenes if the LPN performs which action?
a) elevates the head of the bed
b) closes the client's eyes
c) places wet saline gauze pads and ice pack on the eyes
d) closes the client's eyes and places a dry sterile dressing over the eyes
19. The nurse has recently been assigned to manage a pulmonary progressive unit at a large urban hospital. The nurse's leadership style is participative, with the belief that all staff members assist in decision making and the development of the unit's goals. The nurse is implementing which leadership style?
b) laissez faire
20. A physician has written an order for a vest restraint to be applied on a client from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am because the client becomes disoriented during the night and is at risk for falls. At 11:00 pm, the charge nurse makes rounds on all of the clients with the vest restraint, which observation by the charge nurse would indicate that the nurse who cared for this client performed an unsafe action in the use of the restraint?
a) a safety knot was used to secure the restraint
b) the client's record indicates that the restraint will be released every 2 hours
c) the restraint was applied tightly
d) the call light was placed within reach of the client
Answers and Rationale