Nurses’ top 10 favorite songs to unwind to after a long shift
28667 postsback to top
Posted 9 months ago
We’re guessing every nurse has been there: After a long shift filled with annoying patients, overbearing doctors and catty coworkers, you’re ready to get the heck out of the hospital…both literally and mentally! How do you unwind on the commute home or once you’ve finally plopped on the couch? By rocking out! We asked our Facebook fans for their favorite songs to blast after a long, tough shift. Check out their funny, honest and oh-so-fitting responses—which ones are you adding to your post-work playlist?!
Nurses’ top favorite songs to unwind to after a long shift
1. Bob Marley, “Three Little Birds”…“Don’t worry ‘bout a thing, ‘cuz every little thing gonna be alright.” Sometimes that little reminder is just what I need…and it makes me think of being on a beach, worry-free.
2. “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar…with dance moves and all!!!
3. Well, I’ve been retired for a while, but back in the day during my 20-some-mile drive home, I fell in love with ACDC ‘cause it was wild and raucous enough that I could crank it up, sing at the top of my voice, thump the beat out on the steering wheel and just “get it all out” so that I was once again sane when I got home to my family! LOL!
4. Peace and quiet leaving and “Welcome to the Jungle” arriving.
5. Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy.” The funny thing is…I work in a mental hospital and, until now, never even associated the two!
6. “Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye!”
7. Janis Joplin’s “Me and Bobby McGee.” I actually got pulled over by the police one night after a long shift for blaring it too loud…ha ha ha…such a great stress-reliever song!
8. Johnny Paycheck, “Take This Job and Shove It.” Just kidding! I love my job, but some days…
9. “I Will Survive.”
10. Um, is the sound of wine hitting the glass considered a song?