I'm interested in hearing how hospitals and other healthcare organizations promote family presence.
1. How does your organization keep patients' families present at an organization/system level (e.g participation in creating policies, procedures, design)
2. How does your organization keep patients' families present at the patient-care level (i.e. bedside, during appointments, in ED)?
3. Describe how your organization has used some of the following best practices to include patients' families to provide patient-centered care:
- patient advisory councils
- caregiver classes
- family participation in rounding &/or charting
- other examples
4. What is the area of greatest need for involving patients' families at your organization?