-57 postsback to top
Posted over 5 years ago
Your safety is an issue, which has recently surfaced on this site. When I first started on the World Wide Web, aka the internet back in 1995,there was much advice given out for personal safety. It seems, much of this good, common sense has gone by the wayside, so I decided to revive some points I was taught.
1. Never use your own name.
2. Hide your personal identity as much as you can
3. never post your telephone number to a public site
4. don't post your personal email to a public site.
5. Give out as little personal information to people as possible
6. This site has a mandatory zip code in order to become a member. I fixed that, by using a different zip code in another state
There are other points, but I felt these 6 were the most pertinent. Please feel free to post more advice on cyber safety