The Nursing profession has evolved from just providing direct patient to CEO and beyond. There are nurses in all facets of business today: hospitals, managed care organizations, law firms, pharmaceutical organizations, disease management companies and more! To become a true managed care leader, it is imperative to learn and expand into different horizons, including CM, UM/UR, QM/QR.
This is where the Certification in Managed Care Nursing comes in! The CMCN is a well-rounded credential that not only covers the core areas of managed care, but also covers...
* various roles that managed care nurses play
* history and development of the managed care industry
* major components in managed care
* reimbursement types, terminology and relationship between different provider types
* legal fundamentals
* differentiating principles, values and ethics
* types of coverage, different products within coverage and benefits of managed care products
* negotiation process and steps for success
* accreditation overview
* critical factors impacting patient benefits (including cost reducation, consolidation, managed care, information technology)
* UM/QM fundamentals as they impact the delivery of cost-effective quality care
* fundamentals of a continuous quality improvement program as it relates to health of and service to health plan members
* challenges nursing has overcome, changes in the current healthcare delivery system and implications for the future of nursing
AAMCN offers a Home Study program, A Comprehensive Introduction to Managed Care Nursing, which is the preparatory course for the American Board of Managed Care Nursing's Certification in Managed Care Nurses (CMCN) exam. Not only does it fully prepare you for the exam itself, but once completed, it is worth 15 CEUs upon completion!
AND, if you order the program from seeing this post, I'd like to offer you a $50.00 discount! To redeem this discount, please put NSLK50 in the Value Code box of the Order form.Copy and paste this link to order: https://www.namcp.org/secure/aamcn/homestudy/AAMCN_HOME_COURSE.htm
Visit the website at www.aamcn.org or contact me (email@example.com) for more information!